Working at Insight
Tutor / Class Instructor
About Insight Education
Insight’s mission is to provide professional guidance and support to students and families as they navigate their way through high school and prepare for college. At the heart of our mission is enhancing and distilling each student’s true potential inside and outside the classroom. Our focus is on delivering an individualized service tailored to the unique educational needs of each student and family.
The Instructor / Tutor position is a part-time on-site or remote position based in Cupertino and/or Fremont, California.
Our Instructors work with students in a one-one setting or a classroom setting to help them achieve their academic or test prep goals in the respective subject area. You would also be tasked with teaching the fundamentals of the High School standardized tests- SAT/ACT, SAT Subject Tests, AP Tests. You would be expected to prepare for your sessions in advance, evaluate students’ past diagnostic exams, help students with problems they are encountering, teach time-saving strategies, assign homework, submit online session reports after every tutoring session or class.
– A conferred undergraduate degree or higher.
– Proven familiarity/expertise/comfort with subject content up to and including AP level.
– Flexible schedule and availability for immediate joining with the intent of a long-term arrangement if mutually agreeable.
– Stellar undergraduate/graduate academic credentials.
– Instructors will be required to take a diagnostic test as a part of the hiring process
– Must be authorized to work in the United States (Insight Education will not sponsor for employment visa status)
– Nice to have (not required): Experience managing a classroom setting or previous tutoring experience.
We are hiring Instructors/Tutors for the following subjects:
– English: New SAT-Evidence-based Reading & Writing section of the New SAT/ACT-Reading & Writing section, High School courses on English Language Development
– Math: New SAT-Math/ACT-Math & Science, SAT Subject Test Math Level-1&2, High School Math including Algebra 1, Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Geometry, Pre-calculus Honors, Math Analysis, and Application of Advanced Math, AP Calculus AB/BC and/or AP Statistics
– Biology: High School Biology & Physiology, SAT Subject Test Biology, AP Biology
– Chemistry: High School Chemistry & Chemistry Honors, SAT Subject Test Chemistry and AP Chemistry
– Computer Science (CS): High School Computer Science, AP Computer Science
– History: High School History, SAT Subject Tests History, AP History Courses
– Spanish: High School Spanish, SAT Subject Spanish Test Prep, AP Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to Equal Opportunity, and to consider applications of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions.